Hi I’m Jonathan Hassell. I’d like to introduce you to our Digital Accessibility Maturity Scorecard.
The scorecard will give you an overall score of how well your organisation is performing when it comes to digital accessibility. It also gives a score for each of the 9 components which make up accessibilty maturity. So you’ve got:
1. Motivation. This is how well people in your organisation know what benefits you want to get from accessibility. How will it help you meet your goals? What matters to your organisation?
2. Responsibility. Who in your organisation is responsible for making accessibility actually happen?
3. Capability. How well trained are your teams? Are they good at implementing accessibility in your websites and apps?
4. Support. Have you got specialist expertise available to support you in making accessibility happen when it’s beyond your current level of skill?
5. Policies and practice. Do your brand, technology and procurement policies embed accessibility as a requirement?
6. Governance. Do you assess and mitigate accessibility risk in digital products that you develop or procure, before and after launching them?
7. Product Development. Is delivering accessibility embedded efficiently in your software development lifecycle process?
8. Measurement of ROI. How are you measuring the return on your investment in digital accessibility?
And finally, number 9, Innovation. How are you using accessibility to create opportunities for product innovation?
It may seem like a lot, but it really doesn’t take long to fill in the Scorecard. And I promise you it’s worth it!
The Report that you’ll get gives you a score for each of the components, and advice on what you can do to improve your scores.
I hope the Scorecard helps you understand how you’re doing when it comes to delivering accessibility in a consistent and repeatable way. And I look forward to talking with you about how we can help you increase your scores. Thank you.